At the end of June or the beginning of July, it's possible to see southbound shorebirds along the lake shore near Toledo, provided suitable wetland habitat exists.
(below is from my July 2008 post)
The Winter of 2007-2008 was a big invasion year in Ohio for the sub-arctic finch the Common Redpoll. Normally, a trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in January or February is required to see the Common Redpoll. Some years, like Winter 2006-2007, the Common Redpoll does not make it as far south as the U.P. If food is plentiful, the Common Redpoll will remain north of the border.
After a period of torrential rain, the usual roads flooded near our home in West Toledo. Photos were taken approximately between 7:40 p.m. and 8:40 p.m., June 25, 2008.
(my June 2008 post)
But hey, it's all about "progress" so it's OK.
ARTOMATIC 419 MEETING NEXT WEEK
Do you want to get involved with Artomatic 419, coming back to Toledo in April 2009? We are starting the planning process, with our first introductory meeting on Wednesday, June 25, 5:30pm. We will meeting in the 1st floor rehearsal space in our Professional Building, 1838 Parkwood Ave Toledo OH 43604.
- What: 10th annual Allied Media Conference
- When: Fri, Jun 20 thru Sun, Jun 22, 2008
- Where: McGregor Conference Center (495 Ferry Mall) and Community Arts Building on the campus of Wayne State University in Detroit.
- Why: The Allied Media Conference cultivates media strategies for a more just and creative world. It is the primary point of intersection in the U.S. for alternative media makers and committed social justice activists.
- What: "ReUrbanism Meeting
- Date: Wed, June 18, 2008
- Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m..
- Location: Downtown Latte coffee shop in the Warehouse District
- Guest speakers:
- will share his photo documentation of the newest, most modern, most stunning new addition to the unique UpTown collage of architecture.
- will share a presentation on his proposal for a riverwalk along Swan Creek from Farmer's Market to Libbey High School, which was the focus of his recently completed Master's Degree in Geography from the University of Toledo. Check out a podcast with Eric Wagner on May 25, 2008 on "Real Estate Made Easy" on WSPD.
- What: Lake Erie West meeting
- When: Fri, June 6, 2008 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Where: Port Authority's conference room on the 7th floor of the Maritime Bldg. Map
- Why: Help resolve the issue that "we are lagging other regions in Ohio in branding our geography for success in a global environment."
- Etc.: The meeting will be co chaired by Tom Palmer and Dan Johnson who will be seeking input from all attendees.
(my June 2008 post)
I've been anxious to see this. A friend of mine knows the artist, and I've received updates over the past few years.