Artists and Authors Afternoon 2008
(my August 2008 post, based upon info from the BSBO)
The Black Swamp Bird Observatory will celebrate Ohio's natural beauty with its Artists & Authors Afternoon, 1:00-5:00 PM on Sunday, August 24, 2008.
The Black Swamp Bird Observatory nature center is located at the entrance to Magee Marsh Wildlife Area, off Route 2, a few miles east of Bono Curve.
This special event is back and better than ever! More artists, more authors, more fun for everyone!
Bring the entire family to enjoy the work of some of Ohio's most talented artists and authors. Kid's crafts & activities.
The works of local and regional artists and writers focusing on birds and other types of wildlife, as well as the area's natural beauty will be featured in books, photographs, jewelry and other art forms.
Book signings and art demonstrations will take place throughout the afternoon. Art and books will be available for purchase.
This afternoon provides the perfect opportunity to meet and mingle in person with some of the area's greatest nature writers and artists.
Presentations will be offered :
- at 1:30pm by Jen Brumfield, artist and tour leader;
- a 2:30pm demonstration by famed photographer Brian Zwiebel,
- and book signings at 3:30pm by Kenn Kaufman, author of the Kaufman Field Guides, Kingbird Highway and Flights Against the Sunset;
Other authors present include:
- Larry Rosche and Judy Semroc, authors of several books highlighting the region and their just-released book: Dragonflies and Damselflies of Northeast Ohio, 2nd Edition;
- and Jim Mollenkopf, author of several books on the Great Black Swamp and his just-released book: The Great Black Swamp III: Further Historical Tales Of Northwest Ohio.
2016 update: I worked at the BSBO from late May 2008 to mid-November 2012.
#art - #author - #book - #nature - #event